Thursday, February 3, 2011

Melanie is Pooped

I've been working so consistently with Melanie on all proper Guide Dog responses that today she'is just pooped. I still had her take a walk in the early afternoon, but it had warmed up a bit and she "acted" tired. However, yesterday, we had a really super Guide Dog experience, and, of course, when she does the right thing, it also means that I've been working to do the right thing as well. I think she knew I was tired today, so being so insightful, took full advantage of it.

Yesterday, I decided to go to a different beauty salon than I was going to as Melanie and I could walk to it as opposed to asking for rides or getting a cab. It was about a 25 min. walk and she had to wait for about an hour until my hair was done and then we walked back home. I had already taken her out early in the morning just to make sure she was nice and calm for my afternoon appoinment. It did help and my new hair dresser just loved her, of course.

Last week, I stopped at a local pet store to see if they carried the type of nylabone she likes. They did and I bought her a regular and bacon flavored one, which she's never had before. She knew it was in the bag and could hardly wait to get home. She's been having a ball running around with it and sharing it with me and my husband. She is such a doll. I let her have a good night's sleep and see what adventures we can find tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment