Friday, January 7, 2011

Another New Route

Since Melanie has had too much energy the last few days, I decided to take her on one of my "old" routes, one that I used to walk when I could see better. We took a long walk from home to Asilomar Beach and walked along the ocean bike route near the road. To get there we had to take a number of different streets, one partway through a somewhat forested area and then a road through the sand dunes. I really think Melanie enjoyed this new route and I felt really great that I could walk this route again. Some odd things along the way: a local contractor we used for some work on our house stopped his truck when we were on the forested road and wanted to know if we were okay because we were so far from home. I said thanks, but I was pretty sure I was on the right road and so we were. The other odd thing to me was that I kept noticing a highway patrol car either passing us slowly, stopped on the side of the road, or at one point when we had to cross an intersection, it was the only one waiting and I guess he/she just wanted to make sure we got through safely. It felt good that the locals are looking out for us. After that a car stopped and it was one of my co-workers from my previous employment. We had stayed in touch occasionally by email, but really hadn't seen each other for quite a while. He was thrilled to stop and meet Melanie for the first time. Of course, love, love, love. YIKES!

No comments:

Post a Comment