Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year From Sonja & Melanie

We did it! Our first NewYear together. Melanie has been real sweet and pretty good on our walks. She's really trying to overcome dog distractions; although it's not all her fault. Some dogs just come right up to her and what can she do but acknowledge them? I still correct her for her interaction but she is trying. My husband got her a New Year's present, another new dog mat, this one in the shape of a giant paw with the paw prints up so you can see them. It feels like it would be real comfortable and she's taken to it right away. I've put it next to my chair in the livingroom. My husband thinks she's gotten a little taller, she was 21" about 3 months ago, so I'm not sure if she'll grow more. Her second birthday is on 1/12/11 and she's still considered a puppy for another 6 months. If she has got taller, she doesn't seem to have gained any weight. I guess all the walking we do everyday is paying off (for both of us). I'm thrilled to start 2011 with my new friend by my side.

P.s. No news from KSBW as to when the interview will be aired

No comments:

Post a Comment