Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Melanie

Melanie is two years old today and she seemed tired. I guess the thought of getting a year older must have weighed heavily on her (or maybe it was just that the weather got a whole lot warmer). We walked a little this morning, stopped at the grocery store and came home. I played with her on the back lawn and gave her one of her favorite treat/toys, the Kong with peanut butter and kibble. She has a ball with that and licks it clean. Then she laid down for a long nap. But she was up and wagging her tail at dinner time and ready to eat. When I'm on the computer like right now, she is on her tie down nex to me and likes to keep pushing the keyboard in so I'll pay more attention to her. Sometimes I do stop and just sit down with her and rub her belly and check her all over to make sure she's feeling good. I sit right on her mat next to her and she thinks that is just great. So do I and am happy to celebrating her birthday together.

Thank you Puppy Raiser for your birthday wishes. She has become a celebrity of sorts here. One of the art instructors at a local elementary school stopped by the house today to ask if about 30 or 40 students could come by Friday morning to draw pictures of the house outside and one of them wants to interview me. I assume it's about Melanie but I'll find out. Well, Melanie does seem to love kids and is really careful arond them when we go for walks, so this should be fun for her.

1 comment:

  1. Happy bearthday to you, happy bearthday to you, happy bearthday dear Melanie, Happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete