Monday, January 3, 2011

Exploring the Sidewalks of New Monterey

Melanie and I walked down Lighthouse Ave.. in New Monterey looking for the Goodwill Thrift store. I knew generally where it was, but had never gone there on my own. So, Melanie and I walked through all the cross streets with stop lights and went too far. Melanie hadn't been that way before and I kept saying "halt" to her as I checked out each likely store front. She patiently waited while I looked around and, finally, had to walk back the same way we went until I found where it was. Right where I originally thought it was, but somehow missed it. I may actually go in tomorrow just to poke around. Also, I like to get things that I can wear that I don't need to take lots of care with, like when I'm brushing Melanie, relieving Melanie, brushing Melanie' teeth, clearning Melanie's ears, patting Melanie's belly, etc. She did really well with dog distractions today and got lots of treats. She had a chance to play with an 8-year old neighborhood girl at our house while her father was doing some work for us. They've met before and Melanie likes her and I think it's good for Melanie to be around some young folk. This young girl is particularly fun and smart and listens when I let her in on the rules for playing with a guide dog. Of course, Melanie ddn't have her harness on, but there are still certain things that have to be observed. All in all, a really nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment