Thursday, November 25, 2010

I Had a Great Thanksgiving With Melanie

The day started crisp, clear and cold. Melanie, for some reason, was all hyperactive this morning, not sure if it was the weather or the pork shoulder slow cooking for the past 24 hours, but while I was eating my granola, I noticed that she didn't sound like she was chewing her nyla bone, which I leave on her mat. I checked and what had happened was that in her wild enthusiasm, she had actually pulled out the I-bolt the tie down was fastened to along with part of the plastic/rubber molding, which she was shredding. I got it right away from her and hope she hadn't actually swallowed any of it. We went for our brisk morning walk and she seemed fine the rest of the day. Of course, now a new I-bolt will need to be put in as well as new molding. One thing that I have been doing a little different is letting her off leash (supervised) while in the house, just to start getting her used to it. She does love running free and I have to temper some of her exuberance, but she is definitely one happy dog. Even one of my cats ran up and touched her nose with her paw which made Melanie jump up and the cat run. But she came back again and ran around my chair to see what Melanie would do. Looks like this Thankgiving may be the beginning of a great friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment