Friday, November 12, 2010

Melanie is Feeling Fine

We had a great day today. Instead of a long walk in the morning, we went to a local grocery store and picked up a couple of items. It was her first time in a local grocery store and she was a perfect little lady. She didn't try to take anything that didn't belong to her and I introduced her to one of the clerks I am acquainted with. Later in the afternoon, we had an energetic walk on the recreation trail. We actually started out on the sidewalk running parallel to the trail where, apparently, Public Works has put up those folding signs alerting the public of some kind of work they plan. Most of them were right in the middle of the sidewalk, but Melanie just walked me around them and I never touched a one. It wa so great, because, normally, I would have avoided the siewalk altogether not knowing what was ahead. But with Melanie, we just keep on going. What a wonderful little girl. Now, I'm getting emails from people who've seen us walking on the sidewalks and complimenting how well we work together. One woman was walking behind us this morning and finally came running up just to say she had been watching us for a while and couldn't believe how well we worked together. Of course, our training together is ongoing, but I do believe we will be a great team.

No comments:

Post a Comment