Thursday, November 18, 2010

Walking With the BVIC Staff

Coincidentally, as Melanie and I were walking on the sidewalk parallel to the rec trail, the co-directors of the BVIC were getting ready to take their daily walk. Well, of course, we decided to all have a nice walk together. It gave them a chance to see Melanie in action and also to see how distracted she can become when encountering other dogs. On ourway back, I decided to put on her Gentle Lead as she had become very distracted with smells, etc. which made guide work more difficult. I hadn't planned to take the rec trail that day, but it was a good opportunity to share some time with my compadres. On the way back, I let them go on as I wanted to work Melanie on a corner that she seemd to be taking at an angle. What I discovered was that when crossing the street to the other curb, it was filled with debris from trees, etc., and she was trying to avoid it. She's a great little lady and I'm happy to walk with her and share the time with people who understand what we're trying to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment