Thursday, November 11, 2010

Melanie Threw Up!

Oh Dear, my Melanie just threw up a little; of course, I'll have to keep an eye on her, but she does seem fine and I think (hope) that it's just one of those "one time" things. Actually, today, I decided we should just do a different walk this morning and then let her and me take a rest this afternoon. The last few days she'ss been a little off-focus, but I think that's just part of the testing process. So, this afternoon I just let her run loose in our nice back yard. Even though we had artificial grass put in, when I was on the ground playing with her, I noticed that some of those green clovers were poking through. I pulled some out, but I think she may have eaten one or two. I brought her in and she seemed fine, but a little later she did throw up a little. Right now, she's fine, ate her dinner and is relieving normally. I have also started reviewing the CD's GDB sent me prior to training to remind myself of some of the prope rtechniques of guide work. It's so easy to fall into a habit of expecting a certain response from your Guide, even if the request wasn't delivered properly. So, tomorrow morning will be a short walk to the grocery store (for the first time here) and then a longer one in the afternoon, just to shake things up a little. Melanie is still a sweetheart and fun to be around.

No comments:

Post a Comment