Saturday, November 20, 2010

I Think We Saw a Wolf!

It may not have been a full wolf but it looked like part of it was. Melanie and I were walking down Pine St., crossed Pine, and followed it down to Lighthouse Ave., A block or so before reaching Lighthouse, we came upon a dog that didn't appear to be tied (at least to me) and we were face to face with it. It didn't bark or growl or try to do anything antagonistic, but the hairs on the back of my neck and I think even Melanie's were up. She didn't do her usual hi-jinks (dog distractions) when she wants to interact with another dog, just looked a little concerned, as was I. Well, instead of working her forward, I took her leash and and "heeled" her across the street before giving her treat and praise for behaving well. She didn't want to linger on that block and the rest of our walk was uneventful. But, that was definitely a situation where it could have turned out to be a very negative event. Well, we're here to tell the tail (Oh, mean tale).

No comments:

Post a Comment