Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Walking in the Rain

This morning, Melanie and I got out a little later than usual, as there were a number of rain bursts and darkening skies. However, I realized I needed a couple of spices for my Thanksgiving mince pie, so while it was still clearing, we left for Nob HIll. I wore my raincoat and I also put Melanies little yellow rancoat on, which, of course, she wasn't happy about. She didn't fuss too much, but she really wanted a long walk along the rec trail, which due to weather we haven't done for a couple of days, so she's got a lot of pent up energy. Well, we made it to the store with no problem and people thought she looked adorable, even though Melanie's ears were hanging just a little lower than usual. But, as we made our way home, the rain let loose and we were glad to have our raincoats on. But, silly as it seems, when we got home, I had to relieve her as usual, but I had to take her raincoat off because she wont'relieve with it on, so, of course, she still got wet. The good thing is she doesn't mind the rain and I just wipe her off with a towel. Otherwise, it was a pretty slow day, although I've been giving her more freedom to explore the house without her leash and even one of our kitties is getting more comfortable around her, getting closer and closer every time she walks by. So, nowI'm really Giving Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment