Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Our First Doctor Visit

Today, Melanie and I went to the doctor for my annual physical (gynecology). My husband dropped us off as I decided we'd walk home from the office which is in downtown Monterey. Melanie did really well, although because the doctor had her own little "teacup" poodle who is a regular at her office, Melanie's nose was doing a lot of sniffing, but at least she didn't let her dog come into the examining room. The good news for me is that because of Melanie I lost about 10 pounds since I was there last year. All that walking we do everyday is paying off for both of us. My blood pressure was perfect and the doctor said my heart and lungs were like those of a marathon runner. Well, Melanie and I don't really run, but it's super fast walking at a constant pace. When we left the office around 10:15, we were moving so fast that we got home before 11:00. Melanie had a great time taking the new route from the office to the rec trail, which she knows so well. The fact that we could take this route is thanks to my O&M instructor who worked with me before I went to GDB to learn different routes that I may need in the future, and, well, the future is here. Tomorrow the Dentist!

No comments:

Post a Comment