Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sonja and Melanie at the Beauty Shop

Finally, I had a chance to get my hair done. I needed a perm so I took Melanie along. She had her first ride in our little two-seater pickup truck and she fit at my feet with room to spare. When we arrived at the beauty shop, Melanie was greeted with oohs and ahs; however, the owner seemed a little concerned about health code violations regarding having an animal on the premises. Fortunately, she had a woman working for her who knew about GDB and puppy raising and helped me explain to her that service dogs have a right in just about every situation. Her employee even told her that there were places Melanie could go that she probably couldn't. Anyway, it all worked out great with smiles for the next few hours. I brought along a tie-down instead of using Melanie's leash to keep her in place, just in case she got bored and decided to chew on it again. As we were leaving, the owner said her goodbyes and "I'll see you next time, Melanie". Of course she will.

No comments:

Post a Comment