Saturday, December 11, 2010

Work, Work, Work

For the past two days, Melanie and I continued our Guide Dog work. It was drizzly yesterday so we went to our local store and bought a cooked chicken and bell peppper to make my home made chiken soup (it turned out great). She did well, even though she had to wear her rancoat again, but she didn't fuss too much. Today, we took another long walk to Fisherman's Wharf, which was okay, but there were many groups of people walking, biking, etc. Lots of distractions. I even stopped at a water fountain to fill up Melanie's collapsible water bowl (for the first time) because it was a little warm today, but she ignored it, so we just went home. I let her loose in the house, under supervision, and she seemed happy with that teasing my husband and I with her nylabone, pretending to give it to one of us and then running back to the other before we could get it. That's a really fun game for her and us.

No comments:

Post a Comment