Thursday, December 9, 2010

Skating Rink Yesterday, Big Surprise Today

Yesterday, Melanie and I took our long walk past Fisherman's Wharf to Friendly Plaza where the ice skating rink has been set up. It was just opening, so only one person was using it at the time. We didn't stay long and started back; however, before we actually got to the rink, a man was handing out leaflets (I think "Awakening" or one of those type) and he said, "Here's a little happiness". I said no thanks, looked at Melanie, and said I have all the happiness I need. He smiled and we went on our way.

Today, we took a little walk in the morning as it was about to rain and when we got home, Santa (my husband) had ordered a "Super Crate" for Melanie. Although the one we had originally gotten was really nice, he felt Melanie was worth a fortune and ordered a Mahoghany wood and metal crate. He wouldn't tell me how much it cost, but it's worth more than all the furniture we have. It's gorgeous, beautiful Mahoghany wood top and corners, with a special slide-in base that eliminates odors from any possible feces, etc. Oh, yes, there are pull down shades on 3 sides so she can have privacy and no drafts. Obviously, all my concerns about her being welcome in our family have totaly melted. I let Melanie check it out earlier today and she seemed to like it but tonight will be her first night in her mansion.

No comments:

Post a Comment