Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Rainy Walk & Some Surprises

Our community was putting snow in a local park for the children and I thought it would be fun if Melanie and I could go by and take a peek, if possible. It was just a light mist when we left the house so I put on my raincoat and Melanie had hers on. As we started walking, she began her pouting routine like she just couldn't walk in a rancoat (which she has had on before). She dragged her feet, head down, moping. I had to use some sharp corrections and tone of voice and finally got her moving a little more smoothly. The rain really started coming down, although she doesn't mind the rain, just the raincoat. Well, I wanted to walk on the rec trail to get to the park and as soon as we hit the trail, "A Miracle", she started walking with no problem, like she didn't have a rancoat. So, I'm sure now that she's just giving me a bit of her stubborness, but I persisted. Everything went well to the park, but the way the snow event was set up I wasn't able to view it from the sidewalk and would have had to go through the line of little kiddies and families to get inside. The weather being what it was, it didn't seem worth it so we headed home.

Later in the day, we got a Holiday package from Melanie's puppy raiser, which included 2 sizes of nyla bone, bacon treats, photos of Melanie and I as well as a darling "Wanted" poster looking for a Guide Dog aka Melanie and a large photo of her on the poster. It was such a lovely surprising gift. At graduation, her puppy raiser had already given me a handmade Christmas stocking with Melanie's name on it, so now I have something to put her goodies in. When she's out there guiding me, she is a very hard working little girl and deserves lots of treats, gifts and hugs. She is Precious. Thank You Puppy Raiser!

No comments:

Post a Comment