Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Two Great Emails and a Meeting at the BVIC

Last evening, I received a reply from Melanie's puppy raiser letting me know the treats she sent in Melanie's Holiday package were ones she used during her puppy raising techniques and ones approved by GDB. They have a great bacon smell and apparently Melanie learned to go into her bed by having one of these treats put on her bed and, finally, when she went in her bed by herself, then she got a treat. I haven't given her one of these treats yet as I put them in her Christmas stocking, but they may be my new weapon for dog distraction and moping episodes. I also got a reply email from one of my instructors at GDB who read my blog and let me know that what I was doing by way of correction, treat and praise was the right approach and just encouraged me to keep at it, which I will.

This afternoon was Melanie's formal introduction to the BVIC Board of Directors. Most everyone had already met her but I wanted it to be in the minutes, especially as she will be an integral part of my life as well as the Board's. I explained some of the discipline I needed to exert with Melanie and the need for proper interaction with people. Everyone understood but still made "googly" eyes at her (that's okay any time). I also offered our services for appropriate presentations, meetings, or attending functions to help raise funds for the BVIC by using such a cute little puppy. Oh My!

1 comment:

  1. The BVIC is so happy to have our newest honorary member on board! Melanie is a delight will be a perfect BVIC ambassador.

    ReplyDelete